From the age of 3 onwards the children become immersed within the Pre-school Room at Katie’s Kinder Care. This room has a natural approach and most toys are accessible for children to choose what they want to play with.
The room also provides the opportunity for children to learn the basic skills that will prepare them for school life.
The children are encouraged to be more independent; they serve themselves where appropriate at mealtimes, helping to develop their communication and social skills. We plan and structure our day carefully ensuring that we follow the children’s interests and provide the best possible activities and resources to ensure the children are motivated, enjoying and achieving their early learning goals set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We take the transition to school very seriously, we ensure that each year we:-
- invite the reception teachers to visit their new pupils at our setting
- we share information with the school about the child’s development
- we provide role play opportunities that support their move to school
- we provide self service trays at lunchtime that match most schools in the area
- we discuss school life at circle time and what to expect when they arrive at school
Along with the continuous provision we offer at Katie’s Kinder Care, we also have some fantastic outdoor play areas that they Pre-school Room children can access.
In September 2021, we invested in a brand new playgroup for the Pre-school Room with new surface, equipment and planting. We operate a free flow play system so children can decide to play indoors or outdoors.